Did you know that October is ADHD AWARENESS MONTH?
I know that ADHD is near and dear to your heart. Someone you love has ADHD. And you know, more than anyone, how challenging it can be to move forward when there is so much miss-information out there.
ADHD is a REAL!-- and it affects millions of people across the globe.
Many children and adults lived trapped by the stigma and shame around ADHD. Won't you help me change this? The more we know, the better we can respond to the critics and the naysayers with courage, truth, and compassion.
So... let's do something out of the ordinary this month to find out more about ADHD. This way, we can do a better job of advocating, supporting, and encouraging our loved ones to succeed.
You can help dispel the Myths around ADHD and help spread accurate information by doing one of the following:
Read a book about ADHD.
Here are some suggestions:
- You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid, or Crazy?- by Kate Kelly and Peggy Ramundo
- The ADHD Explosion and ADHD What Everyone Needs to Know- by Dr. Stephen Hinshaw
- Driven to Distraction and Delivered From Distraction-by Dr. Edward Hallowell
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Outside of the Box-by Dr. Thomas Brown
- Spark-by Dr. John Ratey
- Super Parenting for ADD-by Dr. Edward Hallowell
- The Explosive Child and Raising Human Beings-by Dr. Ross Greene
Attend a lecture.
Find online information/training.
Attend a support group.
Attend a Virtual Conference on ADHD.
Post what you learn on Facebook.
Thanks for doing something to make this world a better place for everyone with ADHD.
Here's to an AWESOME ADHD AWARENESS MONTH!